I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Long weekend

Just one more day left to my 5-day break, and i haven't really done anything much over the past weekend. I did have some rest though, which is much needed for recharging myself.

We drove back to SG this morning to beat the traffic. Mom came in with us, and this is the first time she is seeing our new home. She will stay a night and i will accompany her to grandma's place tomorrow as she doesn't know the way.

I will be flying off to Sydney this Friday night, or rather, very early Saturday morning. Due to shortage in manpower, little boss has arranged for me to travel to Sydney with big boss to help in conducting a workshop. I've thought the Korean project should be my last for working on the in-house system, but turned out there's still another one for me.

It's a five-day workshop and the original plan was for me to depart on Sunday and return on Friday evening. But then, i've never been to Australia before, and after some discussion with 贝, i decided to go a day earlier for touring. I figured that since 贝, mom and all my friends had been to Sydney before, it will not be one of the holiday destinations for any of us anymore. Furthermore, the exchange rate between Australia and Singapore dollar is really favourable now, so i should take this chance and have a look around the city (even though i'm quite broke lately after buying our new home).

My plan now is to depart on Saturday mid-night and arrive on Saturday afternoon. Then i'd have 1.5 days to tour around. I'm now contemplating if i should sign up for a group day tour, or should i go exploring on my own. I know it's rather easy to do the latter, but opting for the former would save me a lot of time in planning for the trip and transport. I'm still undecided on this.

Hopefully i can make use of my last day of break tomorrow to do some research on the places to visit in Sydney.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Monday, December 08, 2008 @ 11:53 pm: Newlyweds
Monday, December 08, 2008 @ 10:39 pm: Happy birthday and anniversary
Friday, December 05, 2008 @ 1:26 am: At KL
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 @ 4:20 am: Clearing annual leave
Thursday, November 27, 2008 @ 4:29 am: ASAP
Monday, November 24, 2008 @ 4:05 am: Am back
Monday, November 17, 2008 @ 3:19 am: Off to Korea
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 @ 3:29 pm: Random updates
Sunday, November 02, 2008 @ 6:38 pm: The house moving week
Friday, October 24, 2008 @ 4:44 am: The week ahead