I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, January 02, 2009

Hello 2009!

Or also titled, "New year's resolutions 2009".

Or maybe i should have titled it, "let's forget about it and move on".

Sigh, looking back at last year's resolutions is gonna put great shame on myself. Instead of losing that 3kg, my weight actually went the other way.

Uh huh, this also means that the virtues of perseverance, self-discipline and patience were still lacking in me. Well, i have no excuse really, except let out a big SIGH.

I would be planning for failure if i am gonna put the same resolutions for this year again. In fact, i've kinda decided that i should focus less on my weight and more on achieving some other things for my life.

(Yah yah yah, this is actually another way of saying i've given up on losing weight already. So shut up already!)

More than half of my time last year was spent on working, and during the rest of the time when i wasn't working, my mind was still occupied with work work work. I think this had also indirectly affected my personal life, as the perpetual pressure drained me of my energy and i felt tired all the time.

This is unhealthy, i know. Life like this basically sucks, or rather, this is no life at all.

So, this is what i really want for year 2009:

To achieve a work-life balanced lifestyle

Yeah, it's kind of a vague resolution, as it is not something that is clearly measureable. How am i gonna know if i do or do not achieve this same time next year?

Well, there can be a few measurements actually, such as:

  • how much quality time i spent with my love ones

  • how many books i read

  • how much time i spent on blogging

  • how many golfing sessions i had


Alternatively, there is a simpler way.

When i look back at the year, if i feel that i've had a fruitful and fulfilling year beside working, then i've basically done what i set out to do.

Labels:

Read an article last week.
Basically it's talk about let's forget about New Year Resolution.
Cause focus on this so called resolution is very demotivated & not healthy. Not many people can fufill it, thus it become very stressful & upset when you review it year end.
So, u've actually made a good progress by changing your resolution.
Because HAPPINESS & HEALTHY is most important.
Wish you all the best.

Share your cogitation



Thursday, January 01, 2009 @ 2:48 am: Bye bye 2008!
Monday, December 29, 2008 @ 4:18 am: An early birthday present
Thursday, December 25, 2008 @ 10:01 pm: Merry Christmas
Tuesday, December 23, 2008 @ 11:25 pm: Short working week
Friday, December 19, 2008 @ 1:34 pm: Miserable
Saturday, December 13, 2008 @ 4:07 am: At Changi Airport
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 @ 2:17 am: Christmas Bearistas 2008
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 @ 12:20 am: Long weekend
Monday, December 08, 2008 @ 11:53 pm: Newlyweds
Monday, December 08, 2008 @ 10:39 pm: Happy birthday and anniversary