I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mistrust

He said he has told her. He said that was the end of it already. He said he has stopped.

This happened yesterday morning, when i was at the lowest point and felt i was determined to end the marriage already. I even called the property agent, thinking of selling the house (but she wasn't available to talk at that time). I was so down that when he told me that, i felt indifferent and did not seem to care anymore.

At that time, i felt that i did not believe him, for he has told me before that he had ended it, and it lasted only for 2 days, and then he couldn't help himself and contacted her again. And even if he really can do it this time, i still can't see through his heart. He may be missing her greatly, and suffering the kind of out-of-love misery. I asked myself, why would i want a husband who stays by me physically but the heart belongs to another and the love was not intact anymore?

And if he couldn't stand the torture of missing her, he would relapse, but this time he will be smarter. After all the checking i did on him, he would now know how to be more careful and never let me find out about his affairs anymore. He would know better in disguising himself and hiding his feelings. Then how could i ever be sure that he did not start again behind my back? How could i know that it really has ended and he has indeed come back to me, both in terms of body and love?

See, this is the mistrust i have in him, after the trust has been broken and my heart has been hurt beyond limit. I will continue to behave in a way that i totally loathe -- i will want to check on him to reassure myself; everytime he makes a call or sends a sms, i'll be suspicious; everytime he listens to a sad love song, i'll wonder if he is moaning his lost love; everytime he is in deep thoughts, i'll wonder if he's missing her; everytime he is out with friends, i'd wonder if he's lying to me and seeing her again; everytime we see a Chinese girl, or hear someone speaking in Chinese accent, i'd wonder if it reminds him of her...

Can a marriage really work, even with all these mistrusts? He will get tired of all these sooner or later, for he will think i have become this crazy suspicious woman who can't trust her husband. In the end, it will be my doing in killing the marriage.

But then, all the above is the hurting me who is talking.

The hopeful me is willing to give it a try. Yes, 贝 will have to work ten times harder to gain the trust and confidence back, but i'll have to work 100 times harder to find the courage to trust him again.

The road ahead is going to be very tough. I hope i'll have the strength to go on.

Labels: ,

I have this plaque hanging in my bedroom, it's given by a ffriend of mine. If you like it I can give it to you and YY as gift with God's blessing:

Marriage Prayer
Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us, to work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. WE EASK for words both kind & loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as forgive. DEAR LORD, we put our marriage into your hands.

LF

Pin, Thank you for sharing your feelings and your experience with us in your blog, it takes a lot of courage to do so, and i admire your courage. It has provided us (at least our cirle of friends) a good and vivid learning experience. It hence help us to form a learning organisation (LO) through your experience. We have all grown up a lot and have gain tremendous learning through this trial of yours and YY.

YY, I am not sure if you'd get to read this, but I thank you for allowing Pin to publish her feelings openly and provided us a learning opportunity (at your expense). Thank you. Will always remember your marriage in my prayer.

LF

Nobody is perfect... and we are nobody...

冰心说人应追求真, 善, 美



“ I've made mistakes in the past, I am learning to become a better person;

I’ve learnt that sometimes keeping things simple is a kind of blessing and helps keeping me out of troubles… for getting into it is easy, but pulling myself out is a thousand times more difficult…

It is not going to be easy… but it is not impossible… and that really needs strong mind…

…it is a kind of addiction… and getting rid of addiction requires strong support from the closed ones…

And time is the test…

Time goes by… my love for the one who is willing to forgive me and give both of us a chance growing days by days… for such forgiveness and courage to continue is a proof of love … this is how I’ve learnt about love…

Cherish who we love ...this is something that we have to remind ourselves from time to time... for we won't know how long we are going to live and when we will lose our loved ones...”

Share your cogitation



Thursday, March 26, 2009 @ 11:45 am: Only left with love
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 @ 2:24 pm: Reminding the vows
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 @ 1:38 pm: Need to sleep desperately
Monday, March 23, 2009 @ 1:17 pm: You cannot blame me
Monday, March 23, 2009 @ 4:06 am: Obsession
Monday, March 23, 2009 @ 2:55 am: Roller coaster
Sunday, March 22, 2009 @ 3:32 pm: The truth is out
Saturday, March 21, 2009 @ 4:21 pm: I'm near, i think
Monday, March 16, 2009 @ 3:56 am: Value conflicts
Monday, March 16, 2009 @ 3:28 am: Not fine