I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Reminding the vows

One of my good friends, LF, reminded me not to forget the wedding vows we gave each other just half-a-year ago.

I, (name), take you, (name), to be my [opt: lawfully wedded] (husband/wife), my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.


Yes, this solemn vow is not simply given without any meaning. We should mean it from the bottom of our hearts when we give it to each other. And whether or not we meant it is shown by the acts of it as well.

贝 has forgotten about it, totally.

I, as a wife, am doing my best not to forget it too -- to love you unconditionally, as long as we both shall live.

But it is not easy. Really, very very very tough.

Does loving a person unconditionally include staying through despite he no longer love you fully and faithfully, continue piercing your heart regardless of how much you are suffering, and cherish someone else more than you?

Tell me, how to do all these? I am not a saint; i am just human. How much must you love a person to be able to do all that?

I really don't know.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, March 25, 2009 @ 1:38 pm: Need to sleep desperately
Monday, March 23, 2009 @ 1:17 pm: You cannot blame me
Monday, March 23, 2009 @ 4:06 am: Obsession
Monday, March 23, 2009 @ 2:55 am: Roller coaster
Sunday, March 22, 2009 @ 3:32 pm: The truth is out
Saturday, March 21, 2009 @ 4:21 pm: I'm near, i think
Monday, March 16, 2009 @ 3:56 am: Value conflicts
Monday, March 16, 2009 @ 3:28 am: Not fine
Saturday, March 07, 2009 @ 5:09 pm: My eyes hurt
Thursday, March 05, 2009 @ 4:41 am: Thank you