I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The good times -- prelude

Anyone who has experienced similar event before will be able to understand and identify with my current state of mind. The apprehension has me stuck in between the moving-on and holding-back. There have been no proper closure to the issues and the thoughts of uncertainties keeps pulling me back to the unhappy events that had happened over these past few months.

For a lot of couples, the honeymoon period only lasted for the first two or three years. After that, it would be the phase of discovery, when both parties would discover the ugly sides of each other and decided whether or not to carry on. Yet, for 贝 and i, our so-called honeymoon period lasted for good 7 years, until we got married and the whole relationship took a sharp turn with the recent events.

But then, what i really couldn't let go are all the happy moments that we had over the past 7 years. Those happy memories, all reminding me of how deeply we had loved each other; it was as if telling me that we are meant for each other, for that kind of long and heart-warming happiness could only be possible for two persons who were truly in love and treasured each other from the bottom of their hearts.

Yes, those good times were the ones that have me holding on to the hope that we still have a good future ahead, despite the situations that said otherwise. Till this day, i still can't accept fully in my heart that love could change so easily. It simply is not possible. Call me a dreamer, or stupid even, but i really cannot believe that a person who loves you deeply for so long can just stop loving you in a few months. Unless there is indeed an expiry to love, and we have finally reached the expiry date.

Anyway, in my subsequent posts, i am going to reminisce the good times that we had together. The sweet, happy, loving moments that had me fooled in believing that even if everything changes everyday in this world, 贝's love for me will stay the same forever.

Hopefully by remembering the good old days, i will be able to convince myself that our relationship can and will be better in future.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, May 19, 2009 @ 10:10 pm: My theme song 26
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 @ 7:13 pm: Not the same
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 @ 6:02 pm: Less sleep
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 @ 9:18 am: Night shift: Day 1
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 @ 8:32 am: Is this too much to ask?
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 @ 6:08 am: My theme song 25
Monday, May 18, 2009 @ 8:14 pm: Not as smooth as planned
Sunday, May 17, 2009 @ 3:38 pm: Night shifts ahead
Sunday, May 17, 2009 @ 3:20 pm: Chalazion
Sunday, May 17, 2009 @ 2:14 pm: The stages