I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Night shift: Day 1

Day 1 of the workshop commenced on time at 8pm. We asked the secretary to order pizza for us, to be delivered at 11pm (the last delivery time).

Everything went on smoothly and the session actually finished earlier than planned. We completed the first day workshop within half-a-day, which was originally planned for 1 full day.

So by 12am+, we were done with the presentation. To keep our biological clock working at US timezone, we decided to stay on instead of going back and sleep.

But then, by 2am+, big boss asked me to go home and rest, since he saw the condition with my eye. I refused and said that i'd stay and work. He then said he was really tired and insisted all of us to go back. I told him it would disrupt our biological clock that we had been adjusting since weekend. If we were to sleep at that time, we would probably wake up sometime tomorrow noon, and then we wouldn't be able to last through the whole night tomorrow. He then said the solution is easy -- just sleep more. He said let's go back and sleep, wake up, eat, and then sleep again. In this way, we will be all energetic for the session tomorrow night.

So we left the office. I had wanted to call a cab but big boss insisted in sending me home despite it was actually not on the way. I told him SG is a safe place and he needs not worry about me going back on a cab alone, but he said no matter how safe the country is, it is still not good for a female to commute on her own at such wee hours.

Gee, that was really nice of him, you know, to be so considerate and worried about me. I can't help but think that even my boss can be so nice to me, and yet 贝 actually let me go back on my own several times before from our home to my rented place, or complained about how inconvenient it was because of the distance. Sigh, what can i say...

Anyway, on our way back, big boss stopped by a 24hr kopitiam selling porridge and da bao "lunch" for both of us. He said i could have it later before i take the medicine for my eye. You know, despite sometimes i disagree with the way he expects and wants the job done, he has indeed been rather good to me as a boss. I ought to be really grateful for that.

Ok, so the plan is to sleep at about 7am and wake up at 3pm. Again, big boss wants all of us to meet up at 5pm for a discussion and to review the presentation slides. It's definitely gonna be long and heavy session tomorrow. We'd probably need lotta caffeine.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, May 19, 2009 @ 8:32 am: Is this too much to ask?
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 @ 6:08 am: My theme song 25
Monday, May 18, 2009 @ 8:14 pm: Not as smooth as planned
Sunday, May 17, 2009 @ 3:38 pm: Night shifts ahead
Sunday, May 17, 2009 @ 3:20 pm: Chalazion
Sunday, May 17, 2009 @ 2:14 pm: The stages
Sunday, May 17, 2009 @ 7:05 am: Rebuilding trust
Sunday, May 17, 2009 @ 7:04 am: Do or try
Friday, May 15, 2009 @ 2:37 pm: My theme song 24
Friday, May 15, 2009 @ 3:18 am: Unfair