I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Night shifts ahead

Thanks and no thanks to the swine influenza, out trip to the US was cancelled. However, the project will still carry on.

Uh huh, big boss did not want any delay in the project, and so he suggested to the US counterpart in conducting the workshop via video conference.

This means that we will have to work on US time, which is 12 hours behind us. The workshop lasts for 5 days, starting on Monday night. It will be from 8pm to 4am everyday.

So, i will be working night shifts for the coming week. I gotta adjust my biological clock to US time for one week, and then adjust it back again. I have a plan in place to adjust my biological clock, which started last night. Now i gotta pretend that the day is night and the night is day.

I slept at about 3.30am and woke up at 9am. I had planned to wake up at 7am, taking it as a short afternoon nap (it should be afternoon in the US), but then was crying last night and hence couldn't wake up as early.

Regardless, i must still carry out my plan of adjustments. Later after i am back in SG, will sleep at around 5pm and wake up at around 1am. Then i must keep myself awake through whatever means until Monday morning. Will then go to bed at about 7am and then wake up at 3pm. It will be time to get ready and go to work, as big boss wanna meet up at 5.30pm on Monday to go through some materials first before starting the first session.

After that, it will be sleeping at around 8am and waking up at around 4pm everyday until Friday. The last day of workshop will last till Saturday morning, 4am if as planned. I must then either stay awake all the way until normal sleeping hour in the night, or just take an "afternoon" nap (US time, remember?) for 3 hours the most. See, if i just sleep through the whole day, it will be difficult for me to adjust back to my normal biological clock on the following week.

Yeah, this is unhealthy, and that's why i always said "this job is killing me". If we really gotta be actively involved in this project, then it's either we will have more night shifts like this, or we gotta travel to the US frequently.

Either way, it is indeed killing me.

Labels:

yeah... if we psycho ourselves that it is like we are going overseas for holiday... then maybe we can feel that we can do it...

Share your cogitation



Sunday, May 17, 2009 @ 3:20 pm: Chalazion
Sunday, May 17, 2009 @ 2:14 pm: The stages
Sunday, May 17, 2009 @ 7:05 am: Rebuilding trust
Sunday, May 17, 2009 @ 7:04 am: Do or try
Friday, May 15, 2009 @ 2:37 pm: My theme song 24
Friday, May 15, 2009 @ 3:18 am: Unfair
Friday, May 15, 2009 @ 2:37 am: Probation
Thursday, May 14, 2009 @ 7:51 pm: More thoughts
Thursday, May 14, 2009 @ 3:31 am: My theme song 23
Thursday, May 14, 2009 @ 3:15 am: Back in SG