I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Meet-up with an old pal

Got back at around 11pm+ from a dinner + tea with DS.

It has been quite a while since our last meet-up, which was the day i moved out from my own home and she accompanied me moving into the temporary place where i went through two months of false hope and agony.

It was an enjoyable evening to be out with an old pal. We talked about our recent lives, updated each other about the recent news of our old pals (and ex!), and also talked about marriage -- how it needs extra hard work to maintain it, with compromises and effort from both parties.

Compared to the last time she saw me, i look different now, with a new hairstyle and slimmed down a lot. She no longer sees a frail, haggard and depressed woman; the person in front of her is polished and composed, and is able to joke and share a good laugh with her.

My one-step-at-a-time of healing is working slowly, but working nonetheless. There's still a long way to go, but at least i am improving bit-by-bit, day-by-day. And i'm sure all my good friends can see and feel it too.

If for nothing else, this is the least i can do for all my dear friends... and for myself.

Labels:

+ you

cheer for u. you r 10x better than the sick old lady i saw months a ago. I was actually shock, very shock to see u. Extremely happy! You are moving two steps faster than i thought. Well done. Keep it up. Ds

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, August 25, 2009 @ 4:10 am: Noise
Monday, August 24, 2009 @ 2:55 am: The past Saturday
Monday, August 24, 2009 @ 2:41 am: Washington DC - Day 2 (I)
Saturday, August 22, 2009 @ 3:25 am: Office move
Friday, August 21, 2009 @ 3:47 am: Not there yet
Thursday, August 20, 2009 @ 4:58 am: DIY 30-Hour Famine (II)
Thursday, August 20, 2009 @ 2:43 am: Some phrases
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 @ 4:25 am: I need to sleep well
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 @ 3:57 am: DIY 30-Hour Famine (I)
Monday, August 17, 2009 @ 1:31 am: Am back, alive