I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, October 23, 2009

Eye checkup

Was rushing for my work until past 12am just now. Still can't really get it all done but decided to call it a way already.

I'm having a demo and UAT at the SG branch office tomorrow, and i'm just gonna bite the bullet and go even though the work is not properly done. I guess i'd just have to think on my feet tomorrow.

Went back for eye checkup today. Uh huh, it has been three months already. Time really flies, even when you are not having fun.

This is when i realised that it has been more than 6 months since i moved out of my home, which also means that i have been living without my 贝 for so long. This kind of thoughts may very well lead me to also count the number of months since the affair started, when i uncovered the truth, when my 贝 stopped loving me all of the sudden and betrayed me... the list can just go on and on and on, but then it will be all unhealthy and meaningless thoughts. So i'd better not to count the days anymore but just live for today.

Anyway, back to the eye checkup. The doctor said my eyes are basically fine, except still a bit dry. He said this may or may not be caused by extended wear of contact lenses. He also warned me that by going through LASIK, the eyes will normally be drier too. If my eye syndrome is not induced by contact lenses but a permanent problem, and i still opt to go for LASIK, then i need to be mentally prepared that i'd have to put eye drops regularly for the rest of my life. If it's due to contact lenses, then i'll just have to stop wearing it for a few months for the eyes to get back to normal.

Of course, whether or not i'm suitable to undergo the surgery will depend on the preliminary checkup. Before the checkup, i'd have to be off contact lenses for at least a week. I'm thinking that i should just postpone this to next year because i have a few business trips planned for Nov and Dec already. I'm not sure if on board a long flight would be bad for my eyes after surgery or not.

So, yeap, LASIK will not be the project this year.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, October 21, 2009 @ 5:33 am: Back late
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 @ 5:14 am: A new maid
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 @ 3:29 am: Shoes stolen
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 @ 2:04 am: Working from home again
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 @ 1:27 am: Sam and Esther
Monday, October 19, 2009 @ 4:35 am: Update on the suicide incident
Monday, October 19, 2009 @ 4:16 am: Farm Ville
Monday, October 19, 2009 @ 3:56 am: Halloween season at Pet Society
Sunday, October 18, 2009 @ 6:17 am: My theme song 116
Sunday, October 18, 2009 @ 5:14 am: What are we?