I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, October 02, 2009

Quotes on letting go

Some quotes to myself (and a friend):

"Some think it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go." ~ Sylvia Robinson

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us." ~ Joseph Campbell

"Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?" ~ Leo Buscaglia

“Letting go doesn’t mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are things that cannot be.”

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to.

"As I started to picture the trees in the storm, the answer began to dawn on me. The trees in the storm don't try to stand up straight and tall and erect. They allow themselves to bend and be blown with the wind. They understand the power of letting go. Those trees and those branches that try too hard to stand up strong and straight are the ones that break. Now is not the time for you to be strong, or you, too, will break." ~ Julia Butterfly Hill

“A sad thing in life is that sometimes you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out in the end that it was never bound to be and you just have to let go.”

"True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Letting go is one way of saying I love you."

"There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world, it’s the beginning of a new life."

"You never leave someone behind, you take a part of them with you and leave a part of yourself behind."

"I’m going to smile and make you think I’m happy, I’m going to laugh, so you don’t see me cry, I’m going to let you go in style, and even if it kills me - I’m going to smile."

Labels:

I like this quote --
"You never leave someone behind, you take a part of them with you and leave a part of yourself behind."
This is what I always believe in. :p

Share your cogitation



Friday, October 02, 2009 @ 5:13 am: My theme song 106
Friday, October 02, 2009 @ 4:58 am: Sad
Thursday, October 01, 2009 @ 6:49 am: My theme song 105
Thursday, October 01, 2009 @ 6:02 am: Stop whining
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 @ 7:36 pm: I am mad
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 @ 5:33 am: Hungry
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 @ 4:58 am: Very tired
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 @ 4:57 am: Back late
Monday, September 28, 2009 @ 4:35 am: Maid-less
Sunday, September 27, 2009 @ 5:39 am: Weekend headache