I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

At the airport



The flight is departing at 5:50pm, and i'm here since 3:15pm to enjoy the aircon and free Internet access.

Airport is a melancholy place for me, for various obvious reasons -- too much memories, good and bad.

I remember watching a movie (was it "The Terminal" or "Love Actually"?) and at the beginning of the film, the narrator said something about airport is a place for hellos and goodbyes. It's so true. Throughout my 34+ years of my life, many life-changing journey started from here, and perhaps ended here too.

While i'm still pressurised by the work that's still outstanding for the workshop tomorrow, my heart is also filled with a mixture of joy and sorrow. Am happy that i can have a short break with mom, but sad for the very same reason since the beginning of the affair and when i need to take a flight to anywhere. The past memories still linger on when i am in this familiar setting and smell of the airport.

Anyway, i have no time to immerse in this melancholy, as i really need to rush for my work so that i don't embarrass myself tomorrow.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, November 24, 2009 @ 6:14 am: Still packing
Monday, November 23, 2009 @ 4:58 am: The past weekend
Sunday, November 22, 2009 @ 4:08 pm: My to-buy list
Friday, November 20, 2009 @ 4:56 am: Not highly ambitious
Thursday, November 19, 2009 @ 5:06 am: Back late
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 @ 5:29 am: Busy
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 @ 4:46 am: The coming weeks
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 @ 4:07 am: Noisy funeral
Monday, November 16, 2009 @ 4:13 am: Finally done
Sunday, November 15, 2009 @ 6:55 am: Pet Society: Halloween Lolly