I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, November 23, 2009

The past weekend

I had actually wanted to spend the weekend finishing up my long overdue posts on my trip to USA (yes, it wasn't done yet!), so that i can get it cleared before another trip. But then, as usual, i didn't get to it. Heck, after so many years of blogging, the love-hate feeling for blogging travel logs and my tendency of procrastinating it are still the same.

Saturday morning, i had my facial session. After that, i stayed at home feeling miserable because i had a bad headache again. It got worse over the day and by the time i went to bed, i was feeling nauseous. I even woke up in the middle of the night because of the pain. I stuck it through and didn't take any medicine at all.

Then this morning, the headache still didn't subside. I gotta wake up really early at 5.30am, because mom and i were attending the church in SG with my aunt. We had wanted to go into SG on Saturday night but mom changed her mind, and so we gotta go in on Sunday early morning.

I had thought about skipping the Sunday service because of the bad headache, but then decided that it's the day dedicated to worship God and i should not skip it unless i really can't make it for some reasons (such as i'm overseas). So i still push myself for it and i'm glad that i did. The sermon today was given by the Senior Pastor whom i liked very much. I don't get to listen to him often because i hardly attend my aunt's church (unless i stay in SG for Sunday). So it was right that i still chose to go despite my headache, and believe it or not, the headache subsided during the service.

Mom and i were coming in to SG because we were gonna celebrate grandma's 92(?) years old birthday. (Frankly, i'm not sure how old grandma really is -- just very old lah!). All my uncles and aunts came into SG for the lunch. I chipped in SGD100 for the lunch and share it with my aunt. It cost about SGD280 for two tables (18 persons) with 8 dishes & rice & drinks for each table. It was value-for-money.

Since we gotta come in for grandma's birthday anyway, mom decided to have the Sunday service in SG, and then she would stay over in SG for two days. My aunt would help to drive her car back to JB. We will be leaving for HK on Tuesday late afternoon, so there's no point for her to go back to JB and then come into SG again.

Tomorrow's gonna be a super hectic day for me. I still haven't made preparation for the workshop in HK because i was tied up by the USA project and some stupid meaningless tasks for the past weeks. I really gotta get ready all the materials and demo system, otherwise i'll probably embarrassed myself during the workshop.

Then as for the holiday, i've not packed anything yet, and i've not done any research at all and hence have no idea what i intend to do in HK. For Wednesday to Friday, it will be work work work for me, and mom gotta take care of herself. She said she had contacted a relative in HK and will have company.

Then on Friday night, i'll be meeting EY. He's in HK now. During our meet up in June when he was back in SG, he has just gotten a job in China. Then just after a month or two, he moved to HK. I do not know why, as he didn't tell me the reason in his email. So i guess i'll find out this time when i see him in HK. He would be bringing my mom and i to a good dinner on Friday night. Am looking forward to it.

Counting down to the trip!

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Sunday, November 22, 2009 @ 4:08 pm: My to-buy list
Friday, November 20, 2009 @ 4:56 am: Not highly ambitious
Thursday, November 19, 2009 @ 5:06 am: Back late
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 @ 5:29 am: Busy
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 @ 4:46 am: The coming weeks
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 @ 4:07 am: Noisy funeral
Monday, November 16, 2009 @ 4:13 am: Finally done
Sunday, November 15, 2009 @ 6:55 am: Pet Society: Halloween Lolly
Saturday, November 14, 2009 @ 5:37 am: Finally
Friday, November 13, 2009 @ 6:37 am: Pissed