I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Late nights

Came back really late last night, at around 11.15pm.

Tonight, i reached my rented place at around 10.30pm.

So i have that much of work, you may ask.

The answer is 'yes', but i wasn't working till so late and hence came back late. I was actually chatting with colleagues.

Yesterday, i was just about to send out my email at 7pm+ and then would call it a day. Then our company secretary walked past my temporary desk and started complaining about things in the office and the management. I've always known that she is the type who complains a lot about everything, and the recent move and change of management added on to her grievances and she has a lot more stuff to whine about.

So, she complained to me about almost everyone and everything from 7pm+ until 10.30pm. It wasn't really enjoyable, but then i got to know about some insider's stories, which unfortunately also added my resentment towards the management as well.

Then today, another colleague asked me out for a drink after work. We got to know each other better over these few months, and she is one of the few outside of my department who knew about my marriage problem. This time, it was a lot more enjoyable, as we simply gossiped and chatted about people and things in general.

Tomorrow, it's gonna be another late night. There will be the Christmas lunch in the afternoon, and then a farewell dinner in the evening. One of the SVP is retiring and with all the big shots of APAC are also back here for board meeting, the HR woman is holding another show for everyone to see. So it's gonna be two shows tomorrow, and i intend to stir up the plot a bit in one of them.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, December 15, 2009 @ 5:05 am: Two-in-one to-buy
Tuesday, December 15, 2009 @ 4:57 am: Frustration abound
Monday, December 14, 2009 @ 4:27 am: Back to work tomorrow
Sunday, December 13, 2009 @ 8:47 am: Pet Society: Snowing
Sunday, December 13, 2009 @ 8:26 am: Jet lag
Saturday, December 12, 2009 @ 9:48 pm: Back in SG
Saturday, December 12, 2009 @ 2:31 am: Leaving soon
Monday, December 07, 2009 @ 10:46 am: In London
Sunday, December 06, 2009 @ 1:35 am: Packing again
Friday, December 04, 2009 @ 5:36 am: Working late