I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Late night

Am on the cab now heading "home".

Intend to work overnight later and then work from "home" tomorrow, even though there are three back-to-back teleconferences tomorrow afternoon.

As expected, the report that the senior consultant produced was worse than usual. I have always needed to review and even rewrite the major reports that she produced due to her weak command of English, but at least the content has always been good. This time, however, it is quite a sloppy job, lacking insights and depth.

I do not have the time or the mood to tell her to write more and then I review again. There are too many things to be done and we gotta get this report out of the way the soonest we can. Rather than spending my time telling her what I think and then gotta deal with her mood and manage her attitude, my immediate task is to fix the report and get it done and over with first. The "lecture" will have to come after this, when I see her face-to-face.

So, I gotta be a writer tonight to fill in the gaps. I guess I gotta get ready some hot drinks for myself in case I get hungry tonight.

Labels:

1 more month to go your great trip. all the best, and don't spoil your mood lor with work :). cheers.

at least her work is still salvagable. not the worst case scenario. arghhh... I gotta get my report out... already dragged for long time. ym

Well, this is really different style different approach. Just like debrief. I'll do that after every activity. Likewise, I'll give them a piece of my mind there and then. I believe there's always time for 1min feedback.

You are strong woman. I like it.

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, June 28, 2011 @ 1:12 am: Trivia of my uneventful days
Sunday, June 26, 2011 @ 1:35 am: Back in SG
Friday, June 24, 2011 @ 2:08 am: Tired
Sunday, June 19, 2011 @ 8:11 pm: At Changi Airport
Saturday, June 18, 2011 @ 1:01 am: At KLIA
Thursday, June 16, 2011 @ 2:30 am: Workshop progress
Monday, June 13, 2011 @ 2:25 am: At KL
Friday, June 10, 2011 @ 3:54 am: Rant about work (II)
Thursday, June 09, 2011 @ 6:23 pm: Rant about work (I)
Thursday, June 09, 2011 @ 1:19 am: Perception