I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Recovering

I am feeling so much better today!

My throat does not hurt anymore today but i am coughing terribly. The cough was so bad sometimes that i could feel pain at my chest when coughing, but then i guess it is better than having a sore throat that caused fever and excruciating pain. At least now the phlegm is only yellowish and sometimes even clear; before that, the phlegm was thick and accompanied with blood.

Unfortunately, my voice has not recovered yet and i am now sounding very coarse. I am taking Strepsils and the Chinese tranditional Fritillaria Loquat confection (川贝枇杷膏). I hope these would help.

I did go to see a doctor in SG when i was back from KL on Thursday night. The doctor prescribed new antibiotics and inflammation treatment for me. It seems like this new medication does work better, as i can feel myself recovering.

Mom has bought some CNY goodies at home. I looked at the cookies and crackers on the table this afternoon and was so tempted to snack some. Yet i told myself that i am still sick and must assert self-control. I should not prolong the suffering just for a momentary gratification of a craving.

On an unrelated note, LF came over to my home this afternoon and did manicure for me. After doing mine, she went to do it for PT. Yes, now she has a new profession of providing free manicure service for her friends. She did a good job and now i have clean and nice nails for CNY. Thanks LF!

Labels:

blood?! that's serious. seriously, the panel doctor from the KL branch must be sleeping in his job then. great to hear that you are recovering. and kudos to your self- discipline too, haha, it's sure tempting, especially with the nice colors of the cookies. hmm, i think you had forgotten to post the photo of the nails ... cheers :)

It is common sense that Singapore doctor give stronger medicine.

Share your cogitation



Sunday, January 22, 2012 @ 4:44 am: Internet is back
Saturday, January 21, 2012 @ 4:28 am: Internet-less
Thursday, January 19, 2012 @ 11:09 pm: Still very sick
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 @ 7:42 pm: Voiceless
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 @ 3:26 am: Sick
Monday, January 16, 2012 @ 4:42 am: An over-priced haircut
Saturday, January 14, 2012 @ 4:04 am: At KL
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 @ 4:32 am: Still no TV
Monday, January 09, 2012 @ 1:15 am: New TV
Monday, January 09, 2012 @ 12:02 am: Freebie