I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Lessons

There are always lessons to be learnt from every major event in our life. If you are as introspective as me, you may even learn something about yourself.

Here are a few things that i learnt about myself and life in general due to mom's sudden illness:
  1. I am not as good a daughter as i pride myself to be

  2. I lack compassion and patience for people who are closest and dearest to me

  3. I worry TOO much, and more often than not, unnecessarily

  4. My faith is weak

  5. I am too pampered

  6. We should always - and i repeat - ALWAYS seek for second opinion when comes to medical condition

  7. Procrastination is bad, VERY bad

  8. Both mom and I are so blessed with relatives and friends who will help us unconditionally in time of need

Labels:

When it comes to decision making it's always safe to keep the mind open and seek second opinon. Nobody is perfect, and smart person certainly don't hesitate to listen alternative view to cover the lacking and also being cautious. And surely you are one smart girl :). The key is always stay humble. From the writings, i concur you are really pampered at times lor , and you do have compassion but not explicit, i think. Everyone's unique and it's great that you see your weakness and so gotta be real discipline to rid them. Make it a habit, stay away from proscrastination and full use every minute available!

Hope your mom is getting fine and recover soon. Cheers girl, stay positive.

Share your cogitation



Monday, August 06, 2012 @ 4:56 am: Unfortunate event
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 @ 2:59 am: First wave of change
Monday, July 30, 2012 @ 12:35 pm: At Senai Airport
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 @ 1:37 am: A joke
Monday, July 23, 2012 @ 3:54 am: Random update
Monday, July 16, 2012 @ 5:12 am: Nerdy me
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 @ 2:49 am: Back from dinner
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 @ 4:42 am: Still jet lag... and bridges
Tuesday, July 03, 2012 @ 3:54 am: Jet lag and packed, AGAIN
Friday, June 29, 2012 @ 8:33 am: Packing now